Monday, January 02, 2012

Ended the year in the Mountains and began it on the Coast...

My family and I have spent the last week of 2011 in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains near Boone. Yesterday I spent the afternoon ringing 2012 in by plein air painting at the Cedar Point portion of the Croatan National Forest. I never tire of the North Carolina landscape... it is a spiritual journey for me to spend time painting it. One thing is for sure... NC is a gorgeous state from one end to the other as these photos I took within the past seven days attest to!

Bernie and Tami atop Rough Ridge near Blowing Rock, NC.





My first plein air painting of 2012.
The temp reached 70 degrees yesterday and the light was perfect! The Cedar Point hiking trail was crowded so I picked a spot off the beaten path to paint his one. I met several nice people including the nicest young couple from Alabama who make Jacksonville their temporary home compliments of the USMC.

Happy New Year everyone!
Bernie

1 comment:

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Bernie, I'll bet you thought I forgot about you and your sweet family :o) No way! I've watched you all climb, prosper and grow. You truly have a blessed beautiful family. Congratulations, I know you'll continue to reach your goals in this new year. Happy New Year to you and yours!
Hugs~Carol