Wednesday, May 11, 2011

This is COOL... "Brain scans reveal the power of art"



"A Mother's Love"
7x5" oil on panel
Bernie Rosage jr.
Key points from a recent article about how brain scans reveal the power of art!
  • Works of art can give as much joy as being head over heels in love, according to a new scientific study.
  • The artworks they considered most beautiful increased blood flow in a certain part of the brain by as much as 10 per cent – the equivalent to gazing at a loved one. 
  • "What we found is when you look at art – whether it is a landscape, a still life, an abstract or a portrait – there is strong activity in that part of the brain related to pleasure.  
Click the link to read the whole article...  Brain scans reveal the power of art


1 comment:

Fieldsendart said...

Truly amazing...I know I completely agree. I remember falling in love with beautiful art when I was a little child...I remember looking at Norman Rockwell paintings when I was about five, and just unable to tear myself away from them, and it continues with all forms of beautiful art to this day!