Thursday, March 24, 2011

Had a blast plein air painting in Burgaw last Sunday!


Confederate Monument
Burgaw, NC

Last Sunday... the weather was beautiful and my plein painting fever was soothed as we (my dad, the Onslow Outdoor Painter's Society OOPS!, and I) converged on the small town of Burgaw, NC. Burgaw was recently highlighted in Our State magazine... click HERE for the article.

The quaint little town offered many painting subjects. Dad painted the old train station and I opted for the Confederate monument at the courthouse.


Burgaw Train Station
circa 1850
We had a great turnout from the OOPS group with about a dozen painters. The town folk were so nice and I met many interesting people. I met a really nice lady whose family have been in the area since the town formed. She showed interest in my painting and may purchase it for a gift. 

Berne Jr. and Bernie Sr.
Plein air outing in Burgaw, NC
3-20-2011


Confederate Monument, Burgaw Courthouse
Burgaw, NC
10x8" oil on canvas plein air 3-20-2011
by Bernie Rosage Jr.


No comments: