Monday, November 29, 2010

Our State Magazine highlights Ashe County...

The Blue Ridge Mountains are Heaven on earth to me... Ashe County is one of my favorite spots to kayak, hike, fish, visit with old friends, and PAINT. I have probably painted over 50 paintings in the Fleetwood area alone. One of my favorite spots is the Cooper Farm along the New River in Fleetwood. Mr Cooper's barn with it's colorful quilt pattern was highlighted in the October 2010 Issue of Our State Magazine.









Below is a plein air painting that I painted this summer of Mr. Cooper's barn (photo from magazine on left)while on vacation in Fleetwood. You can see me painting there in the video below...


"Mr Cooper's Farm"... 8x10" acrylic on canvas, en plein aire by Bernie Rosage Jr., 2010.
.
We had a great time vacationing in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina this summer. Plein air painting, hiking, swimming, tubing, picnicking, art galleries, festivals, concerts, story-telling, and relaxing were the order of the day! Hope you enjoy this video of our adventure...







YouTube link to our video... Blue Ridge Vacation

No comments: