Saturday, October 11, 2008

Anders Zorn cover by Bernie Rosage Jr.

"Emma" after Anders Zorn... 6x8" Oil on panel, alla prima, using the Zorn palette (Yellow Ochre, Cad Red Lt, Ivory Black w/ Ultramarine Blue, and Titanium White), 8-2008.

This original oil painting by American Artist, Bernie Rosage Jr. is available for purchase... Email Bernie about purchasing details HERE... please include the paintings title in the subject line.
Click on image to see a larger view...



I have mentioned in the past that I like to study painting masters... old and new. I love to experiment with different techniques and palettes to gain a better understanding of my medium... oil painting. One of my favorite old masters is Anders Zorn... He was famous for using a limited palette... many times using only three colors plus white. I was experimenting with a modern version of his limited palette... (Yellow Ochre, Cad Red Lt, Ivory Black w/ Ultramarine Blue, and Titanium White),... and this cover of a painting he did of his wife, Emma Zorn, 1887, is the result. I enjoyed doing this small study.

This painting, on a gessoed panel with painted sides, is easily framed or displayed with a decorative easel.

All my paintings are signed originals using artist grade oils and archival surfaces. "Certificate of Authenticity" included.

100 5/15

No comments: