Saturday, May 31, 2008

"The Lin Cove Viaduct... a view from Rough Ridge"... Blue Ridge Plein Air by Bernie Rosage Jr.

"The Lin Cove Viaduct... a view from Rough Ridge"
Blue Ridge Mountains Plein Air
9x12" Oil on Panel, en plein aire, 11-20-2007.
~
This original oil painting by American Artist, Bernie Rosage Jr. is available for purchase... Email Bernie about purchasing details HERE... please include the paintings title in the subject line.
~
Click on image to see a larger view...
~

~
One of my favorite spots on earth is Rough Ridge Lookout located at mile marker 302 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Rough Ridge is actually the backside of Grandfather Mountain and the views there are magnificent! See what I mean...
~

~
I painted this view of the Lin Cove Viaduct from about half way up the ridge painting from a wooden lookout. I met several nice people while painting this one...
~

~
The weather was very comfortable for late November but the wind was gusting at 40 mph at times... I had paintbrush in one hand and steadied my easel with the other.
~
This painting has been in several invitational shows including, "North Carolina Landscapes... from the Mountains to the Sea"... at the Baysden Gallery in Jacksonville, NC. For that reason it is just now becoming available for auction. Read all about my plein air adventure when this one was painted... My Plein Air Adventure in the Blue Ridge Mountains!
~
This painting, on a gessoed panel with painted sides, is easily framed or displayed with a decorative easel.
~
All my paintings are signed originals using artist grade oils and archival surfaces. "Certificate of Authenticity" included.

125 5/15

No comments: