Friday, February 29, 2008

"Nude Pear" by Bernie Rosage Jr.

"Nude Pear"... 8x6" Oil on Panel, alla prima from life, 2-2008.
SOLD... Thanks Jennifer B!
San Luis Obispo, California.

Click on image to see a larger view...



I love working from life... it hons the skills of observation for an artist. After I set up this small still life it occurred to me that this pear was nude. In fact... Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres' "The Bather of Valpinçon" came to mind. Click on the link and let me know what you think. For me... pears are as beautiful as the human form.

7/12/08

1 comment:

Todd Bonita said...

Bernie,

Nice to make your aquaintence on the WWWeb..thanks for the nice comments on my painting blog, I'm sure glad I clicked over and found your amazing body of work..I've been enjoying your range of plain air and still life..looking forward to checking back on you. All the best,
Todd