Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Old Wagon Road

"The Old Wagon Road"... 6x8" Oil on Panel, alla prima, 1-2008.
SOLD... Thanks Carl!

Click on image to see a larger view...



Let your mindseye take a peaceful stroll along this old wagon road. This is a scene near my home that I have painted en plein aire several times. The lane is an old sunken wagon road which is one of the oldest roads in Onslow County... it is rumored to be part of the original Post Road (Kings Road) that ran along the the coast from Boston to Charleston. I have used my artistic license by taking out a tree here and there and adding a covered roof to an old tobacco barn. A little gem of a painting that I thoroughly enjoyed working on. Just think... if this is the old Kings Road... George Washington passed this very spot on his famous Southern Tour.

70 7498 18B/13/196

No comments: