Sunday, December 02, 2007

Railroad Grade Road... Blue Ridge Plein Air #1

"Railroad Grade Road"... Blue Ridge Plein Air #1, Todd, NC...
8x10" Oil on panel, en plein aire, 11-19-2007.
SOLD... Thanks Again Randy!

Click image for larger view...



I recently returned from a Plein Air painting trip to the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. I had a great time and painted several plein air works that I plan to launch on eBay this week... read all about my adventures and see the paintings here... My Plein Air Adventure in the Blue Ridge Mountains!

In this scene I headed along Railroad Grade Road trying to narrow down one of a hundred beautiful spots to paint from. I found a view of a barn (I have painted several times) from Todd Island... a small island park in the middle of the South Fork Branch of the New River near Todd, NC. This old barn has so much character... I never tire of painting it! The weather was mild and clear for most of the week... except this day... I painted this one in a cold drizzle. After almost two hours... the cold drizzle turned into a downpour and I RAN to the car with painting (95% complete) in hand. I finished it in the comfort of a warm lodge and hot coffee.

50 5977 5/5/87

No comments: