Sunday, December 02, 2007

Blue Ridge Lane in the Winter... Blue Ridge Plein Air #3

"Blue Ridge Lane in the Winter"... Blue Ridge Plein Air #3, Todd, NC
5x7" Oil on Panel, en plein aire, 11-20-2007. PRIVATE COLLECTION

Click image for larger view...



I recently returned from a Plein Air painting trip to the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. I had a great time and painted several plein air works that I plan to launch on eBay this week... read all about my adventures and see the paintings here... My Plein Air Adventure in the Blue Ridge Mountains!

I was attracted to the light in this simple scene and how the bare winter trees seemed to glow on the shadow side of the hill. This small piece was captured near the banks of the New River, near Todd, North Carolina, as the afternoon sun was in its golden splendor. I overemphasized the small road that was there... something about country lanes and roads... I find them so inviting and peaceful. Anyone who has collected my work recognizes them as a common theme.

NS 2/62
Connie Burke

No comments: