Saturday, October 06, 2007

Pears as a Couple

"Pears as a Couple"... 6x8" Oil on Panel, alla prima, 10-2007
SOLD... Thanks again Donna S.!

Click image for larger view...



I promised more "pear" paintings... here's another one titled, "Pears as a Couple". As I set up this small still life in my studio I moved them around in various poses but this one... them leaning in toward each other... stuck me as the ONE! It immediately made think of them as not just a couple of pears but two pears as a couple. In fact... not just newlyweds but they had the feel of a couple who have been together many years sharing many great memories and weathering many storms together. See what happens when you get into the mind of an artist sometimes... Hope you enjoy this old couple!

I love capturing the beauty in everyday objects like these pears and showing them in a different light. Everyday objects painted from life is the essence of the "Painting a Day" art movement that is gaining momentum in the art collecting market.

20 2700 7/5/102

No comments: