Friday, October 12, 2007

Greenfield Lake... Plein Air

"Greenfield Lake"... Wilmington, NC... 6x8" Oil on Canvas Board,
en plein aire, 9-2007.
SOLD... Thanks Thomas!

Click image for larger view...



I love plein air painting... I find it relaxing and invigorating at the same time. I must confess... this day was not the best of outings. It all started when I made a trip to Wilmington, NC to paint at the aboretum... turns out there was an outdoor wedding ruining those plans so my wife dropped me off at Greenfield Lake while she and my daughters went shopping. Not a bad "Plan B" if it were not for the rap concert that was going on across the lake in a near by ampitheater... nothing against those who like rap music... I'm just not one of them... give me some good ol' blues or a jig on a Scottish fiddle. The rap music was mild compared to what came next... ALLIGATORS... two in fact... on two separate occasions. Luckily I saw them from a distance and kept mine! Hope you enjoy this painting... I can honestly say it didn't get my full attention!

This painting, on a Canvas board with painted sides, is easily framed or displayed with a decorative easel.

All my paintings are signed originals using artist grade oils and archival surfaces. "Certificate of Authenticity" included.

20 1799 1/3/98

No comments: