Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Bend in the Road... Plein Air #2

"A Bend in the Road"... Blue Ridge Plein Air #2...
6x8", Oil on Panel, en plein aire, 6-2007.
SOLD... Thanks again Al!

Click image for larger view...



The French term... "En Plein Aire" ... literally translates ... "In Open Air". It is one of my favorite ways to paint... Outdoors enjoying God's creation. Recently I had the privilege of spending ten days in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina where I spent almost every day plein air painting.

Plein Air #2 is set near the small community of Fleetwood. I was driving and rounded this curve when I saw this scene that was screaming... "paint me!" I realize it looks as if I painted this one from the middle of the road but I assure you I was safe in the distance across this winding road.

No comments: